Saturday 19 May 2012

Mayfair Spa Day

The main entrance to the spa
Sorry for the delay in posts lately it has been a manic week. However to round of my very awful week my lovely cousin for my birthday brought me a spa treatment for us both to do at the Mayfair hotel, something we both needed. I met her at Victoria and we made our way to Mayfair. The hotel was beautiful inside (but silly me I forgot to take a picture) and it got better as we went downstairs to the spa.


We had all morning there, so we enjoyed our first hour in the relaxation room, it was amazing. The hot stone chairs worked a treat. We were then invited into our treatment room. We had booked an self treatment (which does exactly what is says on the tin). We firstly did a face mask, then layered deep sea mud all over (this was the fun messy bit) and then sat within a steam room waiting for the mud to dry. Once it was dried we had to then scrub sea salt onto our skin (this stung about but afterwards my skin felt good) we then sat back in the steam room enjoying the steam and heat and i felt instantly relaxed. After another 15 minutes a rain shower appeared above our seats washing off the mud and salt, this was strange at first but the warm water felt very good. The final part of the treatment was to then use the rose oil provided to give moisture to our skin after the mud and salt. (My skin was so smooth, I will be buying some rose oil to give myself  my own little home treatment). 


After our treatment we then went to the water experience room. this was very strange I was expecting a pool or something but instead 3 different showers. One was a mist shower, a normal power shower and my favourite a bucket on a rope (and yes it was very cold water).  We also enjoyed the sauana and steam room before returning to the relaxation room before we had to leave. 


Overall I had an amazing day and felt very spolit. I will defiantly be going to another spa in the near future as you come away feeling so relaxed.


Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...