Sunday 6 May 2012

May Challenge -Nail Art #week 1

In previous posts I've mentioned how much I love nail polishes. So I set myself the challenge of doing different designs for the next month. 


#Week 1


Sparkle,Sparkle
Blue Barry M nail polish and Nail glitter (blue)
I found that this blue is a little pale for my liking so I decided to jazz it up with some glitter. I brought this on ebay for £1.98, even though its a tiny pot, a little goes a long way. This can be very messy, I suggest pouring some glitter into some folded paper and dip your nails into the glitter. Remove any excess glitter and pour the remaining glitter back into the pot. 
Sparkle Sparkle


Lady Bug!
One evening I was very bored and was going through old makeup i know longer wanted and an idea came to me. I had just painted my nails a coral pink No7 Cheeky Chops and decided to use an old eye liner pen to create a black polka dots. I did a spiral effect (not very noticeable in the picture). Once finished I coated the nails with a top coat to make sure the black polka dots didn't smudge. 
Lady Bug






Sherbet lemon!
I recently read this months Glamour magazine it advertised maxfactor new mini nail polishes and the pastel yellow caught my eye and I just had to have a yellow for my collection. I found that one coat didn't cover very well and I had to apply 3 coats to make it a nice even pastel yellow. With a slim paint brush, I used Barry M berry nail polish to add spots over the yellow. I did vertical lines to give make sure the dots were evenly spaced. 
Sherbet Lemon




Purple Haze!
I recently brought a cute small nail polish from Tesco (Tesco own) for 99p and couldn't wait to use it. The shade is violet (lavender). I applied two coats as the first coat was very pale. However I found this a little boring so added maxfactor mini purple over the top and changed the shade completely. 
Purple Haze


Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...