Sunday 15 April 2012

Spring Clean for that Summer Glow!


You may be like me and hating this horrible dull weather that we are having and longing for the summer days, so I am now getting ready for these days, where my skin will become sun kissed either naturally(I hope) or from a self-tanner (most likely).


So today I decided to write a quick post on two exfoliators I have been given. I got given this small pot of exfoliator back at Christmas when I got a hamper full of gorgeous goodies of Soap and Glory (a luxury I can’t live without but can afford. YAY) and this tub of body cream exfoliator by FCUK for my birthday. 


I have unfortunately used up all the Soap and Glory Flake Away, but have brought another pot today – so just going on that you can probably tell I love this one. Its got a lovely smell to it but not so overpowering that leaves the skin sore from fragrance after being scrubbed. 


The Shea butter within the body polish leaves the skin soothed as well as smooth.  The sea salt scrubs away any dead skin and leaves it feeling fresh and sugar (smaller grains) helps get into the pours and rid excess skin. 


After using this for a week, my skin felt amazing, nice and smooth and refreshed and I couldn’t wait then to apply some self-tanner to brighten up my dull winter/spring skin.


As I used up all my soap and glory a couple of weeks ago I had to use my FCUK crème scrub to help keep my skin smooth. I have to admit this isn’t as good as the soap and glory and the granules aren’t as big as the sea salt and sugar, but the crème does leave the skin smooth but not as exfoliated as the other product, the smell is nice and not to over powering and is very similar to the FCUK shower crème which is lovely for everyday usage.  When using the FCUK I found I had to use less than the soap and glory as it spread further.


Both products come in round pots, the soap and glory being much smaller than the FCUK. The packaging for the flake away body polish is in keeping with all soap and glory products, so easy to identify. The FCUK product comes in a larger round pot with a screw cap lid just like the soap and glory, however has a deep purple lid, in keeping with FCUK seasons style and a clear tub so you can see the product inside. 


Overall I found the soap and glory flake away the best exfoliator as left a noticeable difference with first use not like the FCUK where after a couple of usages a difference can be noticed. You can buy both products from your local boots store, I got the soap and glory flake away body polish comes in a small pot but the quantity inside is good meaning will last for a good couple of months depending on usage and size. I used about a walnut size for my legs and same again for the rest of the body as spreads well you can buy this for £7.


The FCUK crème is quite running so spreads well and less is more with this product as its more crème than exfoliate. Like I mentioned before I got this as a present so I don’t know the price but it would be no more than £7. 


Have you got an exfoliator you swear by if so let me know


Jessie-Lou
xxx

1 comment:

  1. My exfoliator of choice is always Coconut body scrub from the body shop followed by Coconut body butter... I love it!

    But have you tried exfoliator gloves.. they are amazing! and they don't leave little granules at the bottom of your bath tub hehe xxxx LauraClaire

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...