Wednesday 4 April 2012

Shellac Manicure - Review

All my friends have been raving about Shellac nails, so as an Birthday treat my mum and I decided to get our nails done. 


As my local hairdresser (beauty salon) offered shellac discount for the month of March and I was also getting my hair done. To start the nail technician took all my old nail polish off which was a very pretty coral colour and tided up my nails up as all my nails were a different shapes and lengths. 


Once my nails were all tidy  the initial clear base coat was put and then dried under a UV dryer (have to admit the heat of the dryer was a little to hot for my hand and I could feel them getting dryer by the second). 


When the base coat was applied to both hands and dried, my chosen colour a beautiful turquoise blue was applied, this took three coats to get the bright colour you see here and each time was dried under the dryer.


A fabulous colour shame it chipped


My nails were then wiped clean of any excess gel, what was left felt like a gel like texture with a mirror shine and the best thing about it, it was going to last me 2 weeks. However I was very disappointed as what was promised 14 days without chipping, only lasted 2 days till the first chip appeared when I took a label off a card which was shocking as it should last everyday tasks like this. 


Overall I liked the aspect of getting my nails done, was a great girly day with my mum, but I probably won't go back again to have a shellac manicure. As I paid £25 for a manicure that promised to last for about 2 weeks is a bit pricey, as I could buy a colour similar to this and paint my nails myself. 


If anyone else has had the same problem as me or can recommend other manicures please leave a comment.


Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...