Saturday 14 April 2012

Key to the Door!

Firstly i'd like to say sorry for the delay in posts, I've had a manic week at work.

So a couple of weeks ago I turned 21, technically known as getting the key the door. however I moved out when I turned 20 so i was a bit ahead of time. But either way I woke up as I normally did (at a stupid hour for work) with the same feeling as I did the day before, i didn't feel any different than normal, was I meant to feel different?

I got to work to find my desk had been decorated to inch of its life which was amazing and my whole team smiling at me. 



Many asked if I had cried yet, (confused looks from me) the explained when they turned 21 they balled their eyes out, which was surprising i thought turning 21 was a great thing and why would i want to cry on my birthday?

For the past couple of years my best friend jokes that I have a drama of some kind happen on my birthday (and she isn't wrong) from my dad not turning up, friends breaking at with their partners at my parties or being knocked out from a game of twister. I stopped having house parties after that as it became to hazardous for my health and I couldn't cope with people ruining it.

But turning 21 was different, it was a grown up affair without dramas, I got taken out by a friend from work for a lovely pub lunch in our lunch hour then was taken to my favourite Indian restaurant for a family meal where my boyfriend surprised me with an amazing present (digital camera) and my best friend is taking me in the summer for a spa day. but the best thing of the whole day there wasn't any dramas.


The celebrations didn't stop there, they continued on for the next three days (I like to spread my celebrations out) i had a great shopping day with my mum, pamper day and a  night at the pub with all my friends. 

I do now feel different, I feel more grown up and have an idea on what I want to do with my life (well only career).

I'm looking forward to the adventures 21 brings. How did you celebrate your 21st? did you feel any different?

Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...