Tuesday 3 April 2012

Remington Pearl Curling wand - Review

Pretty summer curls, remind me of when I was younger and my natural cork screw curls, so for the last couple of months I've wanted the curls back so I was very lucky that I received these for my birthday (or the money for them). My hair however now has been straighten so much over the last couple of years I have lost my natural curl (sigh). 


I have the Remington pearl straighteners and adore them they get to the perfect temperature without leaving my hair scorched, so I thought I couldn't go wrong in buying the curling wand too.


I've never used a curling wand before, I used to use a curling tong powered by butane gas but my mum stole them back from me when I moved out. But my best friend swears by her curling wand so i thought i'd give it a go as her curls always look so natural and girly.


Included with the wand is a heat proof pouch and heat protector glove (believe me you will need this, if you are a first time user or just very clumsy like me).


On my first attempt of curling, the shorter pieces of hair were harder to curl, and needed longer time on the wand meaning the glove is a must. However as the hair got longer the easier it got to curl. 


I did manage to burn my neck twice (which hurt like hell) and it has now left a lovely burn mark on both sides of my neck (least they match) if anyone has any remedies to share to help me burns please leave a comment. 


I found initially my hair after being curled resembled a poodle, but a couple of hours the curls had dropped enough for the look I wanted and I was able to spray them with hair spray.


Overall I feel once my hair gets longer (or I get use to using the wand) it will curl and last longer and not resembling a poodle and hopefully i'll be less likely to burn myself (well fingers crossed).


I brought these from Boots, but you can buy them from other stores such as Superdrug and Tesco. I got these for £20 as they had £5 off. Link


Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...