Tuesday 5 June 2012

Daily make-up Routine


I love make-up so I wanted to share my daily make-up routine with you.  I only usually have about 10 minutes in the morning to do my makeup before having to run out the door to catch my train to work, so I try and keep my makeup simple.



To freshen up after hopefully a good night’s sleep I use my Clinique facial soap to freshen and wake me up. It’s also great on my sensitive skin.  I always moisturise especially with this hot weather we are having (or had) as my skin is prone to becoming dry very quickly. I use simple daily moisturiser and it leaves my skin feeling hydrated yet not greasy.






Depending on how much time I have I will use a primer I currently have been using my BB cream as a primer as it has a SPF30 which is great as it gives added protection in the sun. My foundation is Clinique (liquid) I use very little of this for my daily routine as hate my face feeling heavy for a day at work (evenings is a different matter).  I use to use a Rimmel blusher but found that it was too pink and on my birthday I visited the lovely ladies at my local Benefit counter and I came away with an armful of goodies one being the best blusher (in my opinion) I have ever tried. 10 – a bronzer and highlighter in one and gives me a perfect summer glow for day and evening. I also use a bronzer highlighter (also from benefit) this gives my skin the extra glow it needs and lasts all day which is great especially as I sit in an office all day so my skin is limited to the amount of vitamin D and fresh air it gets (well within working hours).



For my eye shadow I tend to keep it natural for the office, I have recently treated myself to a new eye shadow palette by SLEEK and my favourite shades are the shimmer cream with either a darker shade for the corners (creating smoky eyes). I wear eyeliner on my top lid rather than the whole eye as I find by the end of the day its run and smudge onto my cheek (never good). I recently started using Soap & Glory mascara which is great for an everyday wear but its still not ‘They’re Real' by Benefit (as of pay day I will be re-buying).




Finally but no means least Lips; I love lipstick, lip tints etc never been a fan of lipgloss as I find the texture to sticky but I am trying to overcome this. My lip stick does depend on my mood and outfit so if I’m wearing bright colours I keep my lips nude but if I’m feeling down or the weather is bleak Hot pink or red shades are at the ready to brighten me up.

So that is my daily routine.

Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...