Saturday 29 September 2012

Scotland - Day Three

The following day our feet ached from all the dancing and head definitely hurt after all the drinking, but it was well worth it. Once again mum and I made our way down to another delicious breakfast which would fill us up till dinner time (or that is what we told ourselves). 

When breakfast had went down, baths had been taken and the comfy outfits on, we made our way back to the hotel where the reception was held to say our goodbyes to everyone. As it was such a lovely morning we decided to walk which only took us about 30 minutes and it was great to be out in the fresh Scottish air (even if it was a bit chilly) and meant we could burn off the breakfast. The views on the way to the hotel were spectacular and I became very snap happy that I managed to use up my battery. 












After we said our goodbyes to everyone and enjoyed a cup of coffee we headed back to our little B&B for a little nap (whilst my camera charged) before heading towards The Birks for an afternoon walk in the woods. 

The Birks got it name from all the silver breach trees that grow within the woods. I cannot really describe the feeling of ease I found from this place but with the sun light trickling through the leaves and the sounds of the waterfalls and rives running around me, all stresses and reality worries seemed to disappear as I made my way through. 






If you are a Robert Burns fan this is where we wrote 'The Birks of Aberfeldy', take a look here. After sitting with Mr. Burns mum and I headed further into the woods, climbing to find the waterfall. We finally made it but as the rocks were so slippy we decided not to climb higher as not wearing practical hiking boots. So after taking more photos and this time filling my memory card up. We headed back to the village to visit the watermill for a cup of tea and some cake and a wonder round the bookshop, a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. 









Full from our cake we had another wonder round the village and nipped in to pick up some evening nibbles (mainly dip and crackers) and headed back to our room, to enjoy our evening treats and a good girlie film, before turning in for the night as we left the following morning for Edinburgh and our long journey back to Kent. 

Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...