Wednesday 26 September 2012

Scotland - Day One


I’m once again a naughty blogger and late in posting my adventures but I have good reasons. I have been accepted into university so now rushing around sorting out loans, university materials and books and working my last weeks before I start my new adventure but more on that later.

Very close family friends got married on the 1st September in Scotland at a beautiful castle called Castle menzies. This is my second civil ceremony I have attended and the boys did not disappoint in their wedding attire and the beautiful words they shared with each, like always the tissue was at the ready and the camera snapping away capturing this beautiful day.

My mum and I started out trip to Scotland early Friday morning, the sun was shining and only a slight chill in the air reminding me that autumn and winter was just waiting round the corner. We headed straight into kings cross, took a sneaky trip to marks and sparks for our train picnic and then pret a manger for breakfast before jumping on our train to Edinburgh, 4 hour and half hours of reading my book and watching films on the laptop. Bliss. Like any journey I take I am not without the dramas of one finding my reserved seat or the air con being broken but I managed to get past that was the train pulled out of the station and made its way north. My first trip to Scotland, I felt like a kid going on my first holiday, muttering ‘are we there yet’.

After four long hours on the train we finally made it to Edinburgh and quickly jumped trains to Perth for the next leg of our journey. The journey to Perth was quick and the excitement kept building we were nearly there. after another hour on a train and traveling further north (the coat was out at this point as the rain had started to set in) we made it to our last change over to Pitlochry  Once in Pitlochry it was an 30 minute wait for a taxi to the final destination of Aberfeldy and a quick emergency stop at a chemist for sheer coloured tights for the following day our journey was nearly done.

We finally arrived at our B&B at 5.30 (been travelling for 5 hours) and shown straight to our room, which was an amazing double room (two very comfy single beds) with a huge bath room. Once we had picked our breakfast for the next morning. I decided on yoghurt and homemade granola and pancakes, bacon and maple syrup (so mouth-watering). We put our bags down, picked up the purses and walked into the town in search of dinner.

After wondering around the town we decided on something a little less traditional to Scotland as we knew we were getting traditional food at the wedding and headed into a small Indian restaurant where the food was to die for the service was impeccable and the portion size would keep me feed for at least three days. After gorging on curry and nan bread and could no longer fit another delicious bit into our bellies. we did a slow stroll back to our B&B and started the pre-wedding prep of hair wash and a nice relaxing bath to wash the day away. Once hair was washed and our clean little selves tucked up in bed with a cuppa and how I met your mother on the TV.
Castle Menzies - venue for the wedding
Jessie-Lou
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...